Thursday, March 26, 2009

He's here but not home

Croy

(Don't you just love those new born pics with goo on them:)

Meet the littlest guy in my life, Croy. We welcomed him on Tuesday March 24th weighing in at a hefty 5 lbs 14 ozs and 19 ins long. We knew that he could have potential respiratory issues being 3 1/2 weeks early. At first we thought he had immature lungs until he spent two days struggling to breathe and exhausting himself. He was transferred to the U of U Hospital this morning to be sedated and put on a ventulator which will help him get some much needed rest. They've diagnosed "a" pneumonia (they are waiting for cultures). They are predicting that he'll be on the vents for about 3 days and IV antibiotics for 7 days. Everytime we talk to the med personal we are told something worse. We are just praying that he makes a turn around at this point and we get to bring him home in a week or two. I don't think I can handle any more negative news. I'll try to update as often as I can.


(Yes, it's a boy, he's being modest;)

This is in the level 2 nursery at Jordan Valley.

This is the Life Flight people taking him, ambulatory, to the U. I almost couldn't handle seeing him life this.

Brian and Croy at the U. He is resting much more peacefully now.

5 comments:

l + j said...

oh my goodness! i had no idea he had come already! i am sorry you guys are dealing with those issues instead of just bringing the little guy home! we'll be praying for all of you and hope to hear an update soon!!!

Natalie said...

he is darling! I love the name! I hope that he gets better quick so that you can bring him home soon! Congrats!

schielefamily said...

He is a cute boy and he will make it. Hang in there. Congrats to you and your family. I pray for your boy.

Emily said...

I got news tonight that he is doing even better - Yes?!? Jen told me that he looks just like your other kids, and he totally does! Usually, with newborns, it is hard to tell, but he is absolutely, definitely, 100% YOURS. I love his adorable little round face and perfectly cropped hairline. He's just perfect! Congratulations! Please, please, please let us know what we can do for you (notice that I didn't say "if" we can do anything). You better call, otherwise I'll be forced to guess then you won't get what you really need. We'll keep praying!

Colette said...

Congrats!! What a cuttie! We will keep him in our prayers and hope that you can take him home soon. Keep us posted and let us know what we can do to help out.