
Me!! Yep, I won it fair and square. Here are the reasons for such an honor.
In the "Making your kids do horrible things everyday" catagory:
1. Brush your teeth night and morning.
2. Showering includes washing your hair.
3. Wash your face every day.
4. Wash your hands after using the potty.
5. Yes, you do have to eat five bites before you can have anything else.
6. Bedtime means bedtime, not sneak out of your room until your grounded for a week.
7. Yes, you do have to read your site words everyday. Just like yesterday and the day before that.
8. Hang up your backpack and coat as you walk in the door.
9. No tv until you are dressed and ready to walk out the door for school.
10. If I'm going to "pay" for your school pictures, you will wear what I want. I promise it won't be too humilating.
In the "Making your kids do horrible things everyday" catagory:
1. Brush your teeth night and morning.
2. Showering includes washing your hair.
3. Wash your face every day.
4. Wash your hands after using the potty.
5. Yes, you do have to eat five bites before you can have anything else.
6. Bedtime means bedtime, not sneak out of your room until your grounded for a week.
7. Yes, you do have to read your site words everyday. Just like yesterday and the day before that.
8. Hang up your backpack and coat as you walk in the door.
9. No tv until you are dressed and ready to walk out the door for school.
10. If I'm going to "pay" for your school pictures, you will wear what I want. I promise it won't be too humilating.
Why is it so hard to do the stuff we need to do everyday? Really, does Satan work on these little things to slowly break us up? I came home from dropping them off at school so angry with my kids. Stupid reasons why but none the less, I was ticked.
I think I have a small, teeny, tiny taste of what the Lord feels like when I'm not grateful for my blessings. I think he gets tired of making my life as uncomplicated as possible and I am so oblivious to how wonderful it is that I don't even show gratitude. I bet it's as beyond frustrating to him as it is to me. I just goes to show that I have a lot of things that I am forgetting to do everyday to be as obedient to him as I'd like my kids to be to me. I guess I need to be more forgiving to my kids as I've always hoped and expected from Heavenly Father.
I really started this as a rant but instead I'm really seeing my own faults. I guess I have a lot of repenting and soul searching to do before I pick up my kids today.
PS...this isn't to make anyone feel guilty. Just my crazy hormonal thoughts.


2 comments:
Hmmm. Thanks for the reality check. I see your point and I'm guilty of being ungrateful too!
Your thoughts are not grazy at all. They could have been mine word by word. But sure you are completely right about showing gratitude. I think the daily dose of gratitude (you are some weeks behind with that) is a good idea to at least think at the end of a day about something you are greatful for even if the day has been horrible.
Post a Comment