Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you ever... Updated

have weeks where you just can't get your head back up to the water level? And if you finally do, there is a force that shoves you back under? I need a life vest to lean on this week. I should be doing my Saturday cleaning and all I want to do is go back to sleep.

What I should do is a little service for my family and ignore my filth for an extra day. Today would be a good day to be lazy in the sun at a swimming pool while watching my kids splash in the cool water or take them to a lake to catch baby frogs (cool) and crawdads (eww...).

Well, Happy Saturday ya'll!

This is how you make everything better!! Seven pounds of deliciousness!!! Thank you Costco")

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm surprised the Pharmaceutical companies haven't banned that Costco chocolate cake yet. You know, purely for the competition. I know it's my drug of choice. Yum!!!

I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time right now. I feel like I can empathize with you right now. In fact, I'm pretty sure I had this exact same conversation with Greg a few days ago - practically word-for-word. I think you are amazing! You are such a good mom, wife, and daughter. I know these words won't make everything go away. For what it's worth, I greatly admire you, and I have thought of you often the past several weeks. As I have been called on to pick up the pieces for family members, I think of everything you are doing right now for your family. I try to think, "Just be like Kim. Put a smile on your face and just make it work." Thank you for being such a shining example. Hopefully, it will get better.

Brian and Kim said...

You are so kind, Em. I've thought a lot about your family a lot too. My heart goes out to all of you especially Curtis, Lexi and their cute family. It's so hard to stand by and not be able to do anything for them. Yes you support them but physically it all has to come from them. Call me if you ever want to talk about it.