Do you ever feel so incredibly overwhelmed that you feel like shutting down(I'm sure you all do)? What do you do to help you deal appropriately with it?
At the moment I´d love to have an answer on that question too. Sometimes I pray but usually this is the last thing I do in such situations. When I am overwhelmed with work then I just leave it like it is and try to start over the next day. If I am overwhelmed with Adrian and myself then I look forward to the time he goes to bed finally. Well, hopefully you get a lot of answers so I can pick some for me. Love you tons. Your friend.
You call your friends who would do anything for you and ask for help. :-) Seriously. I clean, cook, babysit, run errands, bring chocolate, Dr. Pepper, GNO.....whatever you need. Love you!
What I am trying to do now, it's not an immediate solution, but I have to tell myself to simplify. I always feel like I need to be perfect, and I'm realizing it has to be okay not to be perfect. If I have to go to bed with a messy house so I can sleep it's okay, if I don't have the best handouts for my sharing time, it's okay, nobody is judging you, but you. You are your worst critic, and everyone else sees you as perfect no matter what. I have always looked up to you Kim, and you amaze me more and more every day, and I never get to see you anymore. Lean on the people that love you the most, and know that they can't help you, unless you talk to them about it. The Lord, your hubby, and your friends. We all love you, and we are all going through so much. You HAVE to realize you can't do it all alone, even though as moms, we feel like we do have to. We understand!!! Love you, Kim. I hope you find the answer you are looking for...
I actually do shut down. Seriously. Sometimes I just need a day when I don't answer the phone, check email, get take-out for dinner, eat on paper plates all day, and completely ignore the housework. Oh, and I also disregard parenting responsibilities. Kind of embarrassed to admit it, but that's what I do.
I usually snap out of it after a really good cry. You know, the kind where you just want to sleep from exhaustion right afterward. Luckily, I have a husband who is willing to put up with it for a day (or two) and pick up the slack.
I'm sure that isn't the advice most people would give you. The "pray" response is definitely a better option. But, you asked, so I answered honestly.
Do you need anything? I haven't talked to you for so long. Hope you are okay. Love you!
I shut down for at least a day. Do nothing. Really. It totally helps!! OR, go and buy something for yourself. A little retail therapy is always a pick me up. :) LOVE YOU!
You gals are so wonderful. I appreciate your complete honesty. It's so true that we are our own worst enemy and taking time to shut down does give us a moment to rev up again. And prayer is a huge factor to dealing with any of lifes challenges. Thanks for insight!!
I agree with emily 100%...except for the parenting thing (I have no experience in that department! haha).
When I get overwhelmed I hole up in my home and turn off my phone, first thing. Sometimes just knowing that people can't get a hold of you helps take some stress off because usually you are there for them all the time...you just need some "you time."
Sometimes I am really selfish and do absolutely nothing, and sometimes I just have to clean. Those are the days when my bathroom looks like a royal throne!
I always always get on my comfies aka sweats, I usually watch a few hours of my favorite tv show at the time (currently it is NCIS) -- I find it helps me to get lost in someone else's life, or just another reality all together. It kinda recharges me.
Then of course I indulge in comfort food. Brownies. Cookies. Pasta. Zuppa's. Cafe Rio. Whatever.
Once i spend time for me to do whatever I feel like -- and I really mean Whatever -- then I can tackle that "to-do" list.
(I hope all this randomness makes sense. :) P.S. your hair looked so cute yesterday!)
7 comments:
At the moment I´d love to have an answer on that question too. Sometimes I pray but usually this is the last thing I do in such situations. When I am overwhelmed with work then I just leave it like it is and try to start over the next day. If I am overwhelmed with Adrian and myself then I look forward to the time he goes to bed finally. Well, hopefully you get a lot of answers so I can pick some for me. Love you tons. Your friend.
You call your friends who would do anything for you and ask for help. :-) Seriously. I clean, cook, babysit, run errands, bring chocolate, Dr. Pepper, GNO.....whatever you need. Love you!
What I am trying to do now, it's not an immediate solution, but I have to tell myself to simplify. I always feel like I need to be perfect, and I'm realizing it has to be okay not to be perfect. If I have to go to bed with a messy house so I can sleep it's okay, if I don't have the best handouts for my sharing time, it's okay, nobody is judging you, but you. You are your worst critic, and everyone else sees you as perfect no matter what. I have always looked up to you Kim, and you amaze me more and more every day, and I never get to see you anymore. Lean on the people that love you the most, and know that they can't help you, unless you talk to them about it. The Lord, your hubby, and your friends. We all love you, and we are all going through so much. You HAVE to realize you can't do it all alone, even though as moms, we feel like we do have to. We understand!!! Love you, Kim. I hope you find the answer you are looking for...
I actually do shut down. Seriously. Sometimes I just need a day when I don't answer the phone, check email, get take-out for dinner, eat on paper plates all day, and completely ignore the housework. Oh, and I also disregard parenting responsibilities. Kind of embarrassed to admit it, but that's what I do.
I usually snap out of it after a really good cry. You know, the kind where you just want to sleep from exhaustion right afterward. Luckily, I have a husband who is willing to put up with it for a day (or two) and pick up the slack.
I'm sure that isn't the advice most people would give you. The "pray" response is definitely a better option. But, you asked, so I answered honestly.
Do you need anything? I haven't talked to you for so long. Hope you are okay. Love you!
I shut down for at least a day. Do nothing. Really. It totally helps!! OR, go and buy something for yourself. A little retail therapy is always a pick me up.
:)
LOVE YOU!
You gals are so wonderful. I appreciate your complete honesty. It's so true that we are our own worst enemy and taking time to shut down does give us a moment to rev up again. And prayer is a huge factor to dealing with any of lifes challenges. Thanks for insight!!
I agree with emily 100%...except for the parenting thing (I have no experience in that department! haha).
When I get overwhelmed I hole up in my home and turn off my phone, first thing. Sometimes just knowing that people can't get a hold of you helps take some stress off because usually you are there for them all the time...you just need some "you time."
Sometimes I am really selfish and do absolutely nothing, and sometimes I just have to clean. Those are the days when my bathroom looks like a royal throne!
I always always get on my comfies aka sweats, I usually watch a few hours of my favorite tv show at the time (currently it is NCIS) -- I find it helps me to get lost in someone else's life, or just another reality all together. It kinda recharges me.
Then of course I indulge in comfort food. Brownies. Cookies. Pasta. Zuppa's. Cafe Rio. Whatever.
Once i spend time for me to do whatever I feel like -- and I really mean Whatever -- then I can tackle that "to-do" list.
(I hope all this randomness makes sense. :) P.S. your hair looked so cute yesterday!)
Post a Comment