My sister and I found this photo while hanging out with my dad. It's really shows life in full reality. I love the look on my parents face, the slight nostral flare from my dad and my mom's "What was I thinking?". Pure frustration which I have felt many a family photo opts. I can only imagine the only reason they picked this one is because it was the best from what they had to choose from.
Even though this was how most of our family photos looked like, I still only remember how much fun we had growing up together. I still remember the trips in the car to grandma's and the joy of Christmas morning. I remember following my brothers around on their bikes and trying everything they did. We slept outside all summer and toilet papered almost every neighbors house by the time school started again. Life was good.
Now, life is great!! I have a great family, husband who works super hard, kids that I adore. Some days I feel like my mom looked in that photo but I wouldn't have it any other way. I have fabulous sister's, brother's, aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents (all in-laws included) and friends who love and support us.
I hope that my family has more of life's crazy family photo's to remember what a great life we have!




5 comments:
Ha ha ha! Love the family picture. The look on your parents face is priceless.....makes me wonder why we always choose the "best" of the photo crop...it's the realistic ones that bring laughs and memories later!
So true haha
Awesome pics. I love them both and I, too, sometimes feel like your mom looks in the earlier picture. Too funny!
Man...Calvin looks A LOT like you. And I am in love with your mother. Too, too, too funny. You do have a great family!
I always love your posts! You are amazing, and this made me laugh! Now, I want to go through my old family photos and compare to my family now!!
Post a Comment