Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Spotting...ugggg

Last night after I put my vacuum away and the kids to bed, I headed to the potty and I found bright red blood in my undies. I was so upset. I couldn't figure out why I would be miscarring with such strong pregnancy symptoms. Then I got to thinking about the two cysts that I had on my left ovary. I figured it was probably that because it stopped after a while.

I called the Dr. this morning and they said that I could come in and have an ultrasound. I am actually scheduled for tomorrow. I took the appointment anyways. The u/s confirmed my thoughts about one of the cysts rupturing. It had caused some bleeding in the lining of my uterus too. It must have aggravated it enough to cause the placenta to lift away from the wall a little. They said to take it easy and come to my appointment with my doctor who was off today.

I got to see the heart beating today. It was about 116 bpm. They said anything above 100 bpm at six weeks is really good. They also said that the baby and gestational sac are measuring at six weeks. Exactly where it needs to be. Hopefully tomorrow all will be good and I will feel so much better about it all.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thanks for letting me read your blog. Whooohooooo!. I'm excited hear about that little jelly bean. Pretty soon s/he will be a peach! You know...pretty as a peach!