Friday, December 3, 2010

I'm getting to old for these kind of scares...

I had just gotten through telling my aunt and grandma that all of my miscarriages were found using ultrasound. When I got home last night I was getting my bedding out of the dryer and putting it back on my bed when I felt something not normal, serious gushing. Yep, I thought for sure I was starting to miscarry. I called my doctor and he said that I'd been down this road before and to just come see him in the morning.

I am so grateful for my doctor. He is very understanding when it comes to a history of miscarriages. Fortunately, we did see a heart beat and the baby is measuring 8 weeks and 5 days. He thinks that the placenta is trying to attach and that it's normal to have some bleeding.

He said that with most patients he tells them not to worry but with me and my history he wanted to make sure everything was ok. He did jokingly offer to give me an ultrasound machine to take home. That would be so awesome!!!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I'm so glad everything is okay! Aren't good OBs the best thing in the world?

schielefamily said...

Don´t srace me like that again. I am so glad everything is ok. I keep my fingers crossed and pray for you. Love you.

Becky said...

I'm glad that things are ok. I've been thinking about you a lot and praying that all will go well with this pregnancy!