Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I bought one...



I couldn't stand it any longer. I was totally convinced last Sunday that it was over. My pregnancy symptoms vanished. No more nausea, dizziness, vomiting, trips to the bathroom all night, growing and stretching discomforts, exhaustion...you name it. It was all gone and had been for 3 days.
Every time I've had a m/c the symptoms usually started to disappear. I agonized for two days before my appointment on Tuesday. I had planned that if I had a d&c on Tuesday then I should be ok to go to the family parties starting Thursday pending no trips to the ER like last time. My doctor could tell that I was upset. I hadn't slept for two nights. I cleaned my house at 4 am just incase I'd be down for a day or so. Pathetic huh...
Luckily, everything checked out. Baby was moving around like it couldn't find a comfortable spot. Heartbeat was good and the placenta was looking better than it had before. I asked him about not "feeling" pregnant anymore and he said that many of his patients have this happen. He said it's normal. I have been very happy everytime I've thrown up or had dry heaving spells. It's been a crutch for me. I knew that everything was ok at that moment.
My doctor feels that if we can make it past this next week then he'd feel comfortable about the remainder or atleast until my placenta fails which will be around 34-36 weeks.
I broke down and bought the fetal monitor yesterday. If the baby dies this week I can send it back. If everything works out then I'll sell it later.
For now, we are going to enjoy Christmas, spend time with our families and celebrate the birth of Christ.

5 comments:

andrea said...

glad everything is going well! hopefully no more scares like that for the next 202 days! love you kim! merry christmas!

schielefamily said...

I am so glad that the baby and you are fine. I wish you and your family a merry X-mas. Have some wonderful days. I´ll think of you.

Love K.

Ape said...

Kim,
I never get on blogs but happend to have time this week while at work. I am so sorry you have been going through all this. :( I had no idea...I hope you are feeling better! Can't wait to see everyone at the Fagergren Family extravaganza this week. See you soon.
April

janemensel said...

Oh my gosh, what you have been through girl--the ups and downs must be terrible!~ Love you and see you tomorrow night!!

Emily said...

Oh Kim, I feel for you. Good for you for buying the monitor. Who can put a price on peace of mind?!? So glad that everything is okay. I hope you had a happy Christmas.