
I was looking at the Deseret Book Summer Catalog that came in the mail today. The 3rd page has a this book. It is so true. (altleast for me :) This is what the ad says, "Life is not a contest. Yet it's amazing how much time we spend chasing after the earthly prizes, possessions and achievements that not only don't matter but actually distance us from the Lord."
I realize how far I am straying from what's important. I need to go back to what's best for my family. I need to be a better example of a person of faith, prayer, honesty, patience, trust, service, humility, forgiveness, repentance, etc. Aah, the list is endless but I am willing to work on it.
I realize how far I am straying from what's important. I need to go back to what's best for my family. I need to be a better example of a person of faith, prayer, honesty, patience, trust, service, humility, forgiveness, repentance, etc. Aah, the list is endless but I am willing to work on it.


2 comments:
Oooo...Dean Hughes is one of my favorite LDS authors. I love his "Children of Promise" series. This one looks really good. I'll have to pick it up! Thanks for the recommendation.
Well said, Kim! This is one I'd like to read too...
Post a Comment