I love home improvements. I love a fresh coat of paint. I love making something old look new or a new/old look to something. Distressed is my favorite look. I love recovering stools or adding a little material to something to give it a softer look.
I love to look at DIY blogs. My newest favorite site is http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com. This lady is amazing!! I can't even say enough about how much she has changed in her house. Her house is amazing to start with but her changes are outstanding (in my book atleast). She inspires me to finish a few that I've started and start a few more.
This lady inspired my kitchen. http://timmonsfamilylemonade.blogspot.com/2011/04/kitchen.html. I love what she has done to her's. I've painted my kitchen cabinets to look the same but I used a natural bisque color as my under tone and I don't love it. I've looked at paint colors to paint the walls but I haven't found any so I will just repaint my under tones white and re-glaze.
My next project is a built in storage area for the kids coats, shoes and backpacks. I'm so excited/nervous to get started. I also need to paint my back door and replace the weather stripping (this may have to be done before my storage area). Once that's done then my bathroom is getting repainted and my bead board walls redone. I LOVE home improvements.
Just so you know, one of my favorite shows in "This Old House." My kids think I'm crazy. YOU think I'm crazy too! Well, maybe I am:)
My Link
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment