Friday, November 19, 2010

A pleasant surprise!!

I been blessed with the stomach flu twice in the last month. The second was so bad that I couldn't get up to go to the bathroom so I slept on the bathroom floor in between sessions of vomitting. Gross, I know! I couldn't get out of bed with out the room spinning to go to my husband grandfathers funeral. I felt so bad. He was a wonderful man who was a great example of one who did everything he could to take care of his family. I've heard nothing but beautiful memories and a family filled wonderful funeral. I'm sorry I missed it and I will miss him!



All weekend I've been tired and nauseous wondering if I was going to get it again. Monday morning I gagged while brushing my teeth then lost my breakfast right before taking my kids to school. I took a test and, voila, +++!!

The best surprise is that I found out yesterday we are SIX weeks already. Can you believe it? I can't...I'm still in shock. We both are and we are still processing everything. We both agree though that we are scared to start planning anything too far into the future. I know I'm telling prematurely but I don't want to go down the road of a miscarriage again without my friends and family support. I hated telling after the fact. We weren't going to tell until I ended up in the ER and needed help with the kids. I needed to be able to talk to my allies.


So, I'm asking for your prayers. I love and appreciate all of you!! Lets hope the end stats are 4 for 9! Woot woot!!

19 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations Kim!!! You are in my prayers!!

Brian and Kim said...

Thanks Robs!! You too!

andrea said...

AHH! how exciting!!! i am sending lots of prayers to Heavenly Father and LOTS of loves to you and your family!! :)

Brian and Kim said...

Thanks Andrea!! Miss you...mwaw!

Jen-ben said...

I am so so so so so so so so so so so soooooooo HAPPY for you!

janemensel said...

Oh my gosh, what great news!!! We were worried when you weren't at the funeral--knew you must be pretty sick. But you're not sick at all--yeah Kim we will pray for this baby to come to your wonderful family!!!
Grandma Shirley is thrilled!!!

Natalie said...

that is so awesome!! And yes, I think you re smart o tell people now so you have support and people praying for you!! We will keep you in our prayers !! Take it easy girl!!

Brian and Kim said...

Thank you Jen, Jane, Grandma Shriley and Nat!!

schielefamily said...

Best news ever. I am soo happy for you and of course I´ll pray for you all day long, like always. Love you tons. K.

Jenna Rae said...

I am so happy for you... I hope and pray for your family and you. Let me know if you need anything.

Brian and Kim said...

Thanks Jenna & Katja:) Jenna, You need to call me when you have your baby. I'm so excited and can't wait to hear.

Shauna said...

I'm so excited for you! Love you tons and tons and tons :-) You'll be in my prayers.

Becky said...

Kim, that's the best news that I've heard in a long time. You're in my prayers, and I'll be thinking about you often!

Jordan Ormond said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! What awesome news! ... not that you're puking your guts out, but it's all worth it in the end, right? Right. Good luck, and I will be praying for you!

Brian and Kim said...

Thanks Shauna and Becky, love you too!! Jordan, I can't wait to come see Paige. I am so excited for you!!

Bonnie said...

Kim!!! I'm so happy for you!! I know how miserable you must feel, but my doc always told me it was a good sign to be sick!! It means your body is doing exactly what it is supposed to do for that baby! I love you so much!!! :)

l + j said...

oh my oh my oh my... how exciting! i will pray for you and your little nugget until the day i meet them!! haha

Starr said...

Congrats! You have a beautiful family and I am so excited for you. You will be in my prayers.

Brian and Kim said...

Thank ya ladies!! I love and appreciate all of you so much!