


I have to say that I always feel like I'm at a funeral. These kids are amazing but they never smile. They can be playing some of the funnest songs and never crack a smile. The audience was really involved also. We were clapping, whooping and hollering when they were playing the fiddle songs. Still straight faces. At their Christmas concerts, it's the same thing. They play some of the all-time favorite and fun Christmas songs and not one will smile. I guess they are just concentrating. :S
It's was really great though. Brooklyn received her 1st Level Federation trophy. It takes a minimun of three years to earn one. They have to have earned three superior ratings at Feredation, which is where they play for judges. They also give them great information about their technique and how to fix something they might be struggling on. It's a lot of practice, hard work, and tears but she decided it was totally worth it.


7 comments:
Wow! That sounds like a lot of hard work. I am sure she is feeling very proud of herself. Tell her congrats from me.
Congratulations Brooklyn (and mom). She really is incredibly talented, and you are so dedicated to help her practice so hard and stick with it. You are incredible! I was so happy to hear that she is going to play in the Primary Program this year. I think she really adds to the special spirit of that program. Yay Brooklyn!
p.s. I love fiddle music as well, and "Orange Blossom Special" in incredible! It is so fun to listen to.
Wow, that's so cool. Way to go!!! I know she (and You) have been working so hard on those songs. She looks pretty darn cute too.
As for the serious faces, have you noticed Boyd when he plays sometimes. I mentioned it to him one time. He told me that he has to concentrate pretty hard, espically when he's playing a duet or with an accompanist. I guess it takes a lot to make sure they're all together. Sounds like she did great!!!
She is so talented- gets it from you I think. :-) Congrats on a great performance Brooklyn! I'm excited to hear you play in primary soon!
Why thankyou you are so kind! I am glad you are my nabors! I realy worked hard it took many hours too.{Just to tell you that trophy was heavy}I could not reamember the begining of the song!
I love you, Brooklyn!! Keep up the hard work :)
she's so amazing!!!
Post a Comment